I got 20 in a bag and, with Monster Mayhem in full swing, it's about time I got them painted. They didn't come with bases so I decided to put three on a 32mm base to see what it looked like. It worked, so I went with it. After finishing them I wish I'd put four on each base but here we are.
Oh, and "muccin" is pronounced "mew-kin".
I didn't even bother priming these chaps and just painted straight onto the metal. After gluing them all to their bases, I started with the red ones above. A coat of Barak-Nar Burgundy covered really well, and they were given a first drybrush of Mephiston Red and a second of Sunset Red.
As I didn't fancy painting 18 identical colours, the second set was basecoated with Caliban Green and then highlighted with some Park Flat Green and Yellow-Green.
I kind of goofed here; I painted a set with Mephiston Red, Vermilion and Wild Rider Red, and then went to bed. In the morning I remembered the scheme but forgot I'd already painted it, which is why there are two sets in the same colours. Whoops.
I went a bit darker with the final pair. One was painted Abbadon Black and highlighted with Stormy Grey and Neutral Grey, and the other Stormy Grey with Blue-Grey and Ash Grey highlights.
Now for the teeth, and there's a lot of them. I used Ivory and shaded them with Serpahim Sepia, and at this point I realised they also have claws on their feet. More Ivory and they were all painted.
The bases got a coat of thinned PVA and were flocked with the same mix I used for Rocky. Once dry, the flock was sealed with more PVA and I attached some tufts and very small stones from the backyard.
For scale, here's Betty being swarmed. Like the gremlins and Rose the muccins are among the smallest minis I've painted, but they were pretty straightforward and fast to do and they definitely stand out. After all, it's not like I've painted ambulatory mouths before. The dark red ones are my faves, and if I was to redo these it would be in that scheme.