11 October 2022

Zombtober/Apocalypse Me: Zombie Matt

FINALLY I've managed to get a Zombtober and Apocalypse Me entry done. Work really does get in the bloody way of fun.

This is a repaint of Brian, a zombie I did for last year's Zombtober. When I painted him then I totally forgot that part of the Apocalypse Me challenge is to paint a zombie that looks like you. Unfortunately I didn't realise that Brian resembled me until way after the challenge was over, so this year I made amends.

Brian spent a night bathing in Simple Green to strip his paint, and once that was done he was primed grey. Then I had the whole "which of my stunning fashion collection should mini Matt wear?" thing before deciding on my standard walking Cadbury uniform of hiking boots, hoodie and cargo trousers. 

I kicked off with English Uniform for my trousers, shaded with Seraphim Sepia and highlighted with Khaki. My boots were next, and despite owning several pairs in lots of different colours down the years my current ones are a basic brown. Chocolate and Mahogany browns provided the colours for them.

I also have a pretty decent collection of hoodies and thanks to this I ended up having a bit of a debate about which one mini me should wear. The red-and-white striped one was dismissed because of the whole stripe thing, the grey Puma one was a no-no as grey is too boring, but then I remembered my dayglo orange hoodie.

After a basecoat of Heavy Orange, it was covered with Wild Rider Red and highlighted with Troll Slayer Orange. I added some Averland Sunset to the orange and went over some of the more prominent areas to make them show up better.

My skin is the usual Dead Flesh with green and purple washes to give it a manky look, and I used dabs of Off-White for my one remaining eye and the teeth showing through my left cheek. The final thing was my hair, and despite me having a lot of grey in it I used Flat Earth with some added Bonewhite for the highlights. Unfortunately the mini doesn't have my Uncle Albert/Santa Claus beard, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

There are more zombies to come just as soon as I paint 'em!

Space Station Zero...

...is still happening, but I need to make scenery for the next mission and I'm waiting for some stuff to show up in the mail and I have to paint some mutants. The Muppets have another tough mission ahead so stay tuned to see if they somehow make it through The Science Lab!

19 comments:

  1. I'm soooo confused! This mini is me, but not me, but it's Matt! Why did I quit drinking caffeine last week?! Looks nice, man! Orange is tricky but you have a nice smooth coat. I'd also say you barely look a day over 150!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but it's definitely me, Brian LOL! And why would you stop drinking caffeine? How do you live without it? :-)

      Delete
    2. Ah, I've quite caffeine a few times. This time around because the Doc told me too. Getting older and heartburn has started to kick in. Bummer!

      Delete
    3. Ah yes, old age is a bugger.

      Delete
  2. Excellent entry of yourself in Zombie form Matt, should certainly be able to spot you in a crowd with that hoodie ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Cheers, Dave, and the whole point of the hoodie was so I hopefully wouldn't be run over when walking Cadbury LOL!

      Delete
  3. Splendid repaint, Matt. I think the orange works particularly well. Nice shading throughout, but that hoodie is excellent, imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simon, I'm well happy with how the hoodie turned out. Citadel's orange paints are really good.

      Delete
  4. Smashing Zombie mate, but when you said "My skin is the usual Dead Flesh with green and purple washes", I would have to say, well stop giving it the purple washes! Just use soap like the rest of us, and your skin might regain it's healthy glow! 😁

    Cheers roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Roger, I guess I should stop buying lavender soap :-)

      Delete
  5. John@justneedsvarnishThursday, October 13, 2022

    Nicely done, Matt! :-) I like the idea of a zombie wearing hi-viz! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, John! At least you'd be able to see him coming at you LOL!

      Delete
  6. That's so cool! You look great! Well, I mean, the mini looks great... Oh, you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I do know what you mean, Suber, and thanks!

      Delete
  7. Its a great idea to make a zombie of yourself and I think he came out looking very nice indeed. As nice as a zombie can look anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff, zombie Matt did come out looking pretty good. Now to get him in a game :-)

      Delete
  8. Even though we've never met, I think even I could recognise you with that coat on - Tango man lives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange hoodie? You should be working roadsites mate.

    I like the mini though. Appropriately gormless in a traditional zedhead fashion.

    Sad, first Zomtober I've missed out on in years. :/

    ReplyDelete